Brewing Industry: 2016 - Present
Escarpment Labs: Aug 2017 - Present
Joined as the second employee at Escarpment Labs as a lab technician and logistics co-ordinator. Original responsibilities included collecting product from propagation vessels, performing quality checks, packaging and fulfillment.
Evolved into a software development role to simplify business operations. Integrated with external services including:
- FedEx Shipping APIs
- Zoho CRM
- Zoho Creator API v1 & v2
- Quickbooks Invoicing API
Utilized Ruby on Rails to build out business automation to improve operations for the numerous teams within the organization.
Took on critical role as developer and project manager for integrating Shopify into sales pipeline. Utilized prior knowledge of the Shopify platform to extend the platform to meet specific business needs:
- Provided time-based product availability for upcoming and on-hand inventory to provide customers with realistic timelines for when a product would be available to ship, based on their order size.
- Implemented an internal testing framework for Shopify scripts to provide more confidence in the complicated business rules required during the checkout process based on customer segment
- Event-based processing of Shopify orders to allow customers to place orders without requiring payment up-front
- Created administrative tools for inventory reservations and order allocations of yeast slurries
- Implemented Business Accounts by utilizing the Auth0 User Management API and Shopifys Multipass feature
Collective Arts Brewing: Sept 2016 - Aug 2017
- Assisted with packaging finished product on low-CPM canning line
- Assisted with depalletizing, labelling and palletizing of bottles for high-BPM bottling line
- Joined brewing and cellaring team in February of 2017